Thursday, November 6, 2008

Waiting In Line For A Miracle

I watch as others around me have answers to their prayers. The big ones I mean. The miracles we tell over and over as faith building examples.

These do not build faith for me. They make me sad and depressed and lonely. I feel...forgotten. Forgotten by everyone. Especially Heavenly Father.

Today He showed me that I am not forgotten. He sent a messenger to explain something I had forgotten. That is, the time it takes for a miracle to happen.

Let's go back to 3 Nephi. Christ has the power to bless everyone all at once. He has the power to heal everyone all at once. But He chose to bless and heal the people one at a time. It was not meant to be a showing off of His mightiness, but a tender moment of love between two individuals.

He asked for the children to be brought to Him. And then he blessed them. One at a time. Someone was first. Someone else was last. But each was known by name and loved and blessed equally. I am in line. Waiting for my miracle to still come.

I can see Him. He is not too far away from me right now. And when the person in front of me is finished, I will hear Him call out my name, as He extends His hand out to me in love. Then it will be my turn to be blessed. Then it will be my turn to bask in His love. Then it will be my turn to be healed form my wounds.

I will shed tears of joy and the time spent waiting will be as nothing. That is the miracle of Christ and His infinite atonement. Amazing.

No comments: