Thursday, September 25, 2008

You Wanna Piece Of Me?


I have many roles in my life. Sister, aunt, cousin, niece, grand-daughter, church member, friend, neighbor and mother. As a mother, I have countless sub-roles. A few are: confidant, psychologist, referee, nurse, chafer, director, laundress, instructor, dietitian, maid, gospel doctrine teacher, educator, hall monitor, business manager, sounding board, hair stylist, home decorator, 911 emergency operator, statistician, and wise person on the top of the worlds tallest mountain who has the answer to every question in the form of another thought provoking question.

I fulfill my roles with great joy and happiness because they are fun and exciting and I get satisfaction from doing a good job. This is something women just seem to be able to do, juggling the needs of those around them. Most of us do it naturally and are pretty good at it too.

When I look around at the women who are doing much the same as I, I sometimes see something is different. I look at them and I see a complete WOMAN. Whereas I do not feel like that is a title I carry. I have pondered on this for many weeks and have realized something. Only in the highest degree of the Celestial Kingdom are we able to create worlds and have children. Otherwise we are sexless. That is how I feel now: sexless. I am not speaking only of the act itself, but in every aspect of it. I do not do on right now. I do not grow and progress as I otherwise would if I was married. In essence, I am damned; stopped in my tracks.

I can further my education, secure a good financial future, and raise my children in righteousness. I see that as dusting a spotless house because the guests have not arrived yet and there's nothing for you to do but wait. Marking time as it passes. Every second, every minute, gone forever. Sure, even if they come late you can still have fun, but not as much if they had been earlier.

Maybe I am one of the few who actually admits out loud that my main desire is to find a good man I can love and get married to. If I happen to admit it to another single man, they might freak out and run. Or think just anyone will do for me then. Both are misinterpreting what I am saying. I only admitted that when I date I am looking ahead to serious things and asking if this person can take up a permanent place in my life. I am not using a book or a long list of requirements, nor am I focusing on only that. What I am saying is that when I look, I am looking for a mate, not another “friend”.

I just realized I was getting off the topic. Oops.

Back to my womanhood. I believe that the scripture that talks about the man without the woman and the woman without the man is literal. I am an incomplete woman without “him.” I am incomplete because two cannot become one without the original two. I cannot unlock the door to the Celestial Kingdom without “him.” I cannot fulfill all of my roles in life without “him.” This is not such a bad thing. I have said nothing about my own worth here. I am talking literal. I am stopped somewhere in the middle of my goals if I go solo to the Celestial Kingdom. I need a “him” to go all the way to the top. “He” holds that part of me. He brings it with him to the relationship. He brings my highest abilities in womanhood to me. I can have them in no other way.

If you want to argue with me, fine. But first, I challenge you to go watch couples who are in love, and who respect each other. Look at their faces. Compare them to any single who is NOT in any kind of romantic relationship. See if I am not right. You see, while he brings my highest womanhood, I bring his highest manhood. It goes both ways. I carry within me the piece that can make him more than he could ever be alone. So, I say, “Who wants this piece of ME?” Who wants what I offer?

Going once......

Going twice......

No comments: