Monday, July 28, 2008

Photo Ablums

I flip through my album of photo's and memories
The rocks and the mountains, lakes, rivers, and trees.
So many people and places I once have seen
The emotions are churning, my heart pure and clean.

I would rather not look at this thing called the past
Moments they come and go, never promising to last.
The could'ves, the should'ves, the maybes and dead hopes
My life is full of never's, no's, not now's, and nopes.

True, blessings have poured down from heaven upon little ol' me
My car runs, my kids love me, and we are sealed as a family.
But, just as the lakes, rivers, mountains and streams are unbroken
The Middle Singles Program remains the same: a pitiful token.

The photo albums of yesteryears at the dances and firesides
Are no different from the future: they're using the same guides.
Faces come and faces go, but not for the reason you suppose.
They leave in disgust, discomfort, displeasure, unwilling to disclose...

Their pain and loneliness to those not truly concerned.
You see faith, hope and trust are better enjoyed when they're earned.
Many will sit in judgment and say it's their own fault and choice
While yelling so loud they do not hear the others soft voice.

It is hard to be single, attend church, plus the activities
You see a single member addresses married as “Your Majesties.”
Then humbly bows their head in fear and disgust
Wondering who in the world, but another Single, can they trust?

The Prayer of Serenity

God grant me the serenity
To accept the things I cannot change.
The courage to change
The things I can.
And the wisdom
To know the difference.

May Singles in the church show more courage than caution.

How would it be if there was a different way for activities? A better way?! There is! Imagine activities where you knew you would meet someone new. Imagine a place, warm and cozy, with new faces, old faces, and it is not in the dark and you can hear when people talk. Speaking of that, imagine an activity where you CAN talk. Talking is allowed, desired, nay, encouraged and even EXPECTED!

There is such as idea. Check out “If you read nothing else on this blog, read this” to find the complete details.

No comments: